Jonathan Brewer, director for practitioner solutions at LexisNexis, says: "The greater challenge is from the increasing availability of free legal information online, with the risk that some lawyers may move from paid-for print to free online rather than to paid-for online.
What does LIO stand for?
LIO stands for Legal Information Online
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LIO
We have 23 other meanings of LIO in our Acronym Attic
- Law Enforcement Information Exchange
- Learning, Involvement, Networking and Exchange (USAID; EU)
- Legal Information Network Exchange (Washington)
- Logistics Information Exchange
- London Internet Exchange
- Lotic Intersite Nitrogen Experiment (various organizations)
- Long Island New York
- Land Information New Zealand
- Laser Indirect Ophthalmoscope
- Leadership Interdiction Operations (various countries)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The study also documents the proliferation of free legal information online.
Wolters Kluwer Portugal will also launch: JusNet, a database designed to support lawyers in the preparation of cases; JusJournal, a legal information online diary of topics selected by legal specialists; and, JusGestao, a work tool that manages information such as payments, terms and invoices at the office.