Joining LULAC were the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund (MALDEF), the National Council of La Raza (NCLR), the Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan (MEChA), and numerous other left-wing radical organizations, including the Communist Party USA, which played up the demonstrations in its newspaper, the People's Weekly World.
What does LDEF stand for?
LDEF stands for Legal Defense and Education Fund
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LDEF
We have 1 other meaning of LDEF in our Acronym Attic
- Louisiana Department of Education (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Lourdes/Tarbes, France - Tarbes International (Airport Code)
- Lyonnaise des Eaux (France)
- Leadership Development and Excellence Committee (Project Management Institute)
- Leeds Development Education Centre (UK)
- Louis Dreyfus Energy Corp. (Wilton, CT)
- Low-Density Epidermal Cells
- Lunar Docking Events Controller (US NASA)
- Louisiana Department of Economic Development
- Least Developed Economies Economic Development Act (Australia)
- Long Duration Exposure Facility
- Lancashire Development Education Group (now Lancashire Global Education Centre; UK)
- Liberal Democrat European Group (UK)
- Low-Dimensional Electron Gas (physics)
- Louis Dreyfus Energy Holdings, Ltd. (UK)
- Laboratorio de Estudios Interculturales (Spanish: Intercultural Studies Laboratory; University of Granada)
- Longman Dictionary of English Language and Culture
- Licensed Direct-Entry Midwife
- Loading Dock Equipment Manufacturers
- Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory (Columbia University)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The child welfare advocates speak very family about the fact that gay and lesbian people make good parents," said Jenny Pizer, a senior staff attorney for Lambda Legal Defense and Education Fund.
Power Play: One of a handful of black women who head the legal departments of major corporations, Mayes also serves as president of the NOW Legal Defense and Education Fund.
For more information on and to get involved in winning this historic battle, contact the Lambda Legal Defense and Education Fund at its national headquarters in New York at 212-995-8585, its Midwest regional office in Chicago at 312-759-8110, or its Los Angeles western regional office at 213-937-2728.
Cannon received the 2002 "Excellence in Leadership Award" from the Mexican-American Legal Defense and Education Fund (MALDEF).
Katine immediately called lawyers at the Lambda Legal Defense and Education Fund in New York City, who began to plan strategy for the case.