This was a provision of the law that created the Tubbetaha Reef as a protected area, the Environmental Legal Assistance Centre (ELAC) explained in a statement.
What does LAC stand for?
LAC stands for Legal Assistance Centre (Namibia)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LAC
We have 405 other meanings of LAC in our Acronym Attic
- Law against Corruption (UN)
- Law and Advocacy Center (National Association of the Deaf)
- Law-Abiding Citizen (band)
- Layer 2 Aggregation Concentrator (Hekimian)
- Leadership Advisory Committee (various organizations)
- Leading Air Cadet (Royal Air Cadets)
- Leading Aircraftman
- Learning Assistance Center
- Left Antecubital (IV site)
- Legal Aid Commission (various locations)
- Legend Advisory Corporation (Palm Beach Gardens, FL)
- Legislation Advisory Committee (Ministry of Justice; New Zealand)
- Legislative Action Center
- Legislative Action Committee
- Legislative Administration Committee (various locations)
- Legislative Advisory Council (various locations)
- Leisa Atmospheric Corrector
- Lemon Administration Committee
- Lettres, Arts et Cinéma (French: Letters, Arts and Film)
- Lewiston-Auburn College (University of Southern Maine)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Legal Assistance Centre (LAC) with support from the British High Commission has launched a new initiative to help create awareness and help prevent baby dumping.
Toni Hancox, the director of the Legal Assistance Centre (LAC), also welcomed the move.
The Gender Research & Advocacy Project of the Legal Assistance Centre agrees that sex work be decriminalised, but not for the same reasons.
Nangof, the Institute for Public Policy Research (IPPR) and the Legal Assistance Centre (LAC) recently raised their concerns about the Act and its regulations arguing that they contradicted the Constitution of Namibia in several key respects and were likely to stifle freedom of expression and in particular the undertaking of independent research.
The Gender Research and Advocacy Project at the Legal Assistance Centre has been working for many years to increase awareness about rape and what to do if you have been raped.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] The Legal Assistance Centre has called on the government to review the law on maternity leave to consider the viability of six months maternity leave, or require employers to institute other measures to facilitate continued breastfeeding.
The Ministry of Gender Equality and Child Welfare and UNICEF asked the Legal Assistance Centre to assist with a ten-month-long public consultation.