But he had also left word with his neighbours that he would be home by 7.
What does L/W stand for?
L/W stands for Left Word
This definition appears somewhat frequently
We have 27 other meanings of L/W in our Acronym Attic
- Lead Trail
- Length to Thickness ratio
- Less Than
- Lettertainer (Canada Post)
- Long Ton (measurement)
- Logistical/Tactical Excellence Program
- Logistics for Transportation Policy
- Launch Vehicle
- Light/Weight Berthing and Positioning System
- Length Width Thickness
- Leptotene and zygotene (chromosomes)
- Light phase/Dark phase (oxygen consumption ratio)
- Lactulose/Mannitol Excretion Ratio (HIV medicine)
- Linoleic to Oleic acid (health ratio)
- Lactate-to-Pyruvate (blood ratio)
- Association pour la Lutte Contre l'Erosion la Sécheresse et la Deshertification au Maroc (French)
- Lesbian & Gay Audiologists & Speech-Language Pathologists
- Lietuvos Žemes Ukio Bendroviu Asociacija (Lithuanian Association of Agricultural Companies)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Reece Williams, three, with the ball, above ON TARGET: One-year-old Frankie Halton gets some help as he shoots at goal, left WORD CUP FEVER: Above from left are three-year-olds Katie Lane-Cox, Warren Williams and Ellie Gibson-Powell, all from Ormesby, left is Lily Parks, two, below is Amber Hairlam, two FOOTBALL MAD: Right is two-year-old Phoebe Norster, and above Kaycey Corner, three, kicks the ball NOISY FUN: Jayden Dalton, two in his England glasses, above, and blowing her mini-vuvuzela is Lara O'Connor, four, as she gets into the World Cup spirit, left
We left word with the website's author that we would love to speak with him, but there was no response.
John and I went back in 1976 and we left word around town that we were there and she came and found us.
He was at church, but I left word, and inside an hour he was climbing the steps to my in-laws' house, laden with food.
Marty Challenor, again a front row man of yesteryear left words with him which he will never forget.