In 1959, Kennedy and coworker (5), found that relieving inferior vena caval occlusion by left uterine displacement could correct maternal hypotension prior to vaginal delivery under spinal anaesthesia.
What does LUD stand for?
LUD stands for Left Uterine Displacement (medical procedure)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LUD
We have 16 other meanings of LUD in our Acronym Attic
- Lutheran Community in Southern Africa
- Lund University Centre for Sustainability Studies (Sweden)
- Limkokwing University College of Creative Technology (Malaysia)
- Life Underwriter Training Council Fellow (finance)
- Land Use Code Update (Eugene, Oregon City Council)
- Liverpool University Christian Union (UK)
- League of Ukrainian Canadian Women
- Lives of Urban Children and Youth (University of Michigan)
- Land Use Division
- Last Update Date (immigration; USCIS)
- Liga Universitaria de Deportes (Spanish: League of University Sports; Uruguay)
- Local Usage Details (telephone log)
- Logistique Urbain Durable (French: Sustainable Urban Logistics)
- Lucke Uprave Dubrovnik (Dubrovnik Port Authority, Turkey)
- Luderitz, Namibia - Luderitz (Airport Code)
- Land Use Data Acquisition (USGS)
- Large Unit District Association (Illinois education)
- Large Urban Distressed Areas (reseach project; EU)
- Lower Undog Auxiliary
- Lemmings Universe Discussion Board (gaming website)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Left uterine displacement is necessary, as is application of cricoid pressure to avoid aspiration.
A self-supporting device for continuous left uterine displacement during cesarean section.