CASE SUMMARY Case 1: A 41-year-old man presented with sharp pain localized to the left upper quadrant for 1 day.
What does LUQ stand for?
LUQ stands for Left Upper Quadrant (medicine)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LUQ
- Lancaster University Photographic Society (UK)
- Lego Universe Project Support
- Logistics Unit Productivity Study
- Logistics Unit Productivity System
- Land Use Planning and Technical Assistance Program
- Land Use Planning Unit
- Left Upper Pulmonary Vein
- Land Use, Planning and Zoning Committee
- Land Use Questionnaire (surveying)
- Large, Unusual or Questionable (US IRS)
- Lending Universe Quantum (software)
- Left Upper-Quadrant Bursting
- Left Upper Quadrant Cells
- La Martiniere Union Rox (comedy group; La Martiniere College; India)
- Land Use Regulation (various states)
- Lease Up Rate
- Listagem de Utilizadores de Risco (Portugal)
- Liver Uptake Ratio
- Ljubljanske Urbane Regije (Slovenian: Ljubljana Urban Region; agency)
- Local Union Representative (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
I always employ a left upper quadrant approach for insufflation of the abdomen.
The presenting symptom of left upper quadrant pain was a clue to splenic pathology.
Abdominal ultrasound revealed moderate left hydronephrosis and a large left upper quadrant mass of mixed echogenicity and unknown origin.
He had microcytic-hypochromic anaemia and left upper quadrant tenderness.
On physical examination, her bilateral parotid glands were swollen, and her left upper quadrant was tender.