The work by Kelsey Blackburn and James Schirillo from Wake Forest University in the US shows that images of the left side of the face are perceived and rated as more pleasant than pictures of the right side of the face, possibly due to the fact that we present a greater intensity of emotion on the left side of one's face.
What does L-S stand for?
L-S stands for Left Side (medical exams)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of L-S
We have 94 other meanings of L-S in our Acronym Attic
- Left to Right
- Lenoir-Rhyne College (Hickory, NC)
- Lower Hatch Rail Extend Auxiliary
- Lower Hatch Rail Extend Time Delay
- Long-Range Effects Research Program
- Lower Hatch Rail Retracted Auxiliary
- Lower Hatch Rail Retracted Time Delay
- Lamina Propria-Submucosa (biology)
- Lockheed Sanders, Inc.
- Light Science and Magic (book on photographic lighting)
- Legacy Signal (802.11n protection mechanisms)
- Logarithmic Soft-Input Soft-Output
- Low-protein Sunflower Meal (animal feed)
- Lower Hatch Latched Time Delay
Samples in periodicals archive:
The common and security features on the front of the new note are portrait of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said with the facsimile signature of His Majesty on the lower part of the note, water mark of His Majesty portrait on the left side of the note, the national emblem Khanjar on top of the note, the Central Bank of Oman in Arabic on top of the note, serial numbers on right and left side of the note, denomination in Arabic on the right and left sides of the note, recognition feature for the blind and vertical security thread in the middle of the note.
Page 2-31 in TM 5-5420-203-14 (Jun 91 w/Ch2) shows the rotation as right; side counterclockwise and left side clockwise.
Extend through your left calf and into that heel as you bring your left side ribs forward.
A majority of the diagnosed strokes--11,328 versus 8,769--had occurred in the left sides of the patients' brains.
didn't get much sleep the night before and has heard two ED personnel and an OR nurse say the subdural is on the left side.