Thoraco-abdominal computed tomography (CT) showed that right jugular and subclavian veins come together, form the right sided SVC, which drains to the right atrium, and left internal jugular vein with left subclavian vein forms the left SVC, which drains to the right atrium via the coronary sinus (Fig.
What does LIJV stand for?
LIJV stands for Left Internal Jugular Vein
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Long Island Junior Bowlers Association
- London International Jazz Competition (UK)
- Long Island Junior Chamber (Manhasset, NY)
- Leadership Institute in Judicial Education (University of Memphis; TN)
- Lutherans in Jewish Evangelism (St. Louis, MO)
- Long Island Jewish Hospital
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- LISP Implementation of the Java ObjectStream
- Leaf Initiated Join Parameter
- Long Island Junior Soccer League
- LASIK (Laser-Assisted In-Situ Keratomileusis) Interface Keratitis (eyes)
- Lekamen Illusionen Kallet (Swedish band)
- Lesna Industrija Kocevje (Wood Industry Kocevje, Slovenia)
- Laboratory of Immunopathology Keizo Asami (Brazil)
- Long Island Karting Association (New York)
- Let Indian Kids Exist (Grand Rapids, Michigan)
- Long Island Knowledge Exchange (New York)
- Lietuvos Irklavimo Klubo Fondas (Lithuanian: Lithuanian Rowing Club Fund)
- Life Is Killing Me (Type O Negative album)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Intraoperatively, the neck mass was found to be adherent to the common carotid artery and to the left internal jugular vein (IIV) at its junction with the thoracic duct.
74 cm in length in the left internal jugular vein (Figure 1E, 1F).
It had a pseudocapsule that encompassed the left internal jugular vein and carotid artery (figure 2, B).
The work-up revealed a left internal jugular vein thrombosis, and it was later found that the patient had hyperhomocysteinemia.
The left internal jugular vein thrombus was only partially occlusive and limited to the area of the thyroid gland.