uk/news/archive/2013-02/11/twitter-speaks-lolcat) Leet Speak and (http://personalweb.
What does L337 stand for?
L337 stands for Leet (hacker slang for Elite)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Leuven Linux User group
- Love to You
- Layer 2 Virtual Private Network
- Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Working Group (IETF)
- Layer 2 Virtual Private Network Services
- Latitude/Longitude Locator
- Layer 3 (signalling network functions)
- Lightning3 (Novalogic combat flight simulator)
- Third-Stage Larvae (parasitology)
- L3 Variant of Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Elite (hacker term)
- Leucine Residue at Position 370
- 3rd Lumbar Vertebral Bone Mineral Density
- L 3 Communications Corporation
- Low-Profit Limited Liability Corporation
- Lemmings 3D (computer game)
- Lifelong Learning and Design (University of Colorado at Boulder; Boulder, CO)
- Layer 3 Length Indicator (cellular communication)
- Layer 3 Mobility Management
- Layer 3 Professional (software)
Samples in periodicals archive:
FREEMEN of Llantrisant are "coming home" to the old town on Friday, May 10, for this year's Annual Court Leet Dinner at Llantrisant RFC Clubhouse.
During the launch of the show home at Farriers Cross, visitors were welcomed by the High and Low Bailiff of the Henley In Arden Court Leet and the Town Crier.
The under-15 category winner was Abbie Taylor, 12, from Ironville in Derbyshire, with Londoner Dillon Leet, 14, runner-up.
Checklist ADDRESS: Arden Court, Court Leet, Binley Woods.
We also got a shot of the "motley crew" at Llanddwyn Island on January 9 by Gail Johnson (left) and a jogger in the snow at Leet, Loggerheads, again from shanandphil.
Two of the best local examples which have been transcribed are: 'A selection from the Prescot Court Leet &other records 1447-1600' edited by F.