It is brick built with a tiled roof, and boasts wonderful character features inside such as beamed ceilings and oak ledged and braced doors.
What does L&B stand for?
L&B stands for Ledged and Braced (wooden doors)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of L&B
- US DoT tire speed rating (75 mph)
- Love & Kisses
- Licencé Ès Philosophie (French degree)
- Louisiana & Arkansas (Railroad)
- Liquidated and Ascertained Damages (also seen as LAD; legal term)
- Labor & Benefits
- Lambert & Butler (cigarette brand)
- Land & Buildings
- Large and Beautiful (German clothing brand name)
- Lawer and Bell Algorithm (reliability optimization)
- Lynton and Barnstaple Railway Company Limited (England)
- Lewis & Clark College (Oregon)
- Licensing & Certification (various locations)
- Lewis & Clark Elementary School (Fargo, ND)
- Lewis and Clark Library System (Illinois)
- Lime and Cement Mortar
- Lancashire & Cheshire Photographic Union (UK)
- Labor and Delivery
- Launch and Defend
- Layout and Design
Samples in periodicals archive:
The windows are double glazed with bespoke latticed timber shutters while the attractive internal doors are Suffolk latched, ledged and braced timber.
A ledged and braced solid oak front door leads through to the spacious lounge and dining room, warmed by a wood-burning stove set within a stone fireplace with pitch pine mantle.
And inside, there is huge character in the exposed wall timbers, ledged and braced latch doors and ceiling beams.
Internal doors are ledged and braced in farmhouse style and there is even the odd exposed beam for more authenticity.
Interior finishes are above average, say the agents, to include glass wash basins and heated ladder-style towel rails as well as traditional ledged and braced doors with iron furniture.
It does, however, date from the early 18th century, interior clues including exposed timbers, floor boards and some ledged and braced doors.
Small-paned sash windows feature throughout, together with stained floorboards and ledged and braced traditional timber doors, creating a comfortable cottage ambience.