Tylock was diagnosed with Leber's Hereditary Optic Neuropathy, a rare genetic disorder that causes loss of vision.
What does LHOA stand for?
LHOA stands for Leber's Hereditary Optic Neuropathy (genetic disorder)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LHOA
- Laughing Head Off
- Lee Harvey Oswald
- Left Hand Opponent (bridge game)
- Live Human Organ
- Local Head Office (various locations)
- Local Housing Organisation (UK)
- London Health Observatory (UK)
- Lost Harvesting Opportunity (forestry industry)
- Lowell House Opera (Harvard University; Cambridge, MA)
- Lower Hatch Open
- Litchfield Hills Orthopedic Associates LLP (est. 1950; Torrington, CT)
- La'gent Hotel Osaka Bay (hotel, Japan)
- Lighthouse of Broward (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
- Longworth House Office Building
- Leite Humano Ordenhado Cru (Portugal; breast-milk banking)
- Last Half of Darkness (computer game)
- Literary Hall of Fame (North Carolina)
- Local Housing Organization Grant (Wisconsin)
- London Home Ownership Group (housing association; UK)
- Left Hand of Justice (role playing)
Samples in periodicals archive:
I know truck driver Scott, now a civil servant, lost his vision at 23 due to a condition called Leber's hereditary optic neuropathy.
Tests for mitochondrial mutations associated with Leber's hereditary optic neuropathy were judged unnecessary.
Santhera Pharmaceuticals (SIX: SANN), a Swiss specialty pharmaceutical company focused on orphan neuromuscular diseases, has announced that recruitment has been completed for its six-month RHODOS study evaluating Catena in Leber's Hereditary Optic Neuropathy (LHON).
Leber's hereditary optic neuropathy in malnutrition: a case report.
Leber's hereditary optic neuropathy plus dystonia is caused by a mitochondrial DNA point mutation.