Summary: Around 450 girls graduated from an Aikido program designed to help them resist the threat of sexual violence, in a program organized by the Lebanese Council to Resist Violence Against Women.
What does LCRVAW stand for?
LCRVAW stands for Lebanese Council to Resist Violence Against Women
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Lake Cunningham Regional Skate Park (San Jose, CA)
- Lake County Repertory Theater (Lower Lake, CA)
- Launch Control Real Time Processor (ATWCS)
- Louisiana Department of Culture, Recreation, and Tourism
- Luton Computer Repair Team (UK)
- Light Capability Rough Terrain Forklift
- Landing Craft, Recovery Unit (US Navy)
- Lunar Communication Relay Unit (US NASA)
- Low-Calcium Response Virulence
- Lower Colorado River Valley
- Lake Country Romance Writers (Rochester, NY)
- Lilac City Rochester Writers (Rochester, NY)
- Lower Colorado Regional Water Planning Group
- Lower Columbia River Water Trail (goes from Bonneville Dam to the Pacific Ocean)
- Label Controlled Switch (Cisco)
- Laboratory Chemical Safety (various schools)
- Laboratory Computer System (EPA)
- Laboratory Control Sample
- Laboratory for Computer Science (MIT)
- Labour, Capital and Society (journal; Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
One of the most active and successful organizations in Lebanon today is The Lebanese Council to Resist Violence Against Women (LECORVAW), which was founded in 1997 as a response to the increasing rate of violent acts against women in the country, and because of the lack of legal and emotional support for victims of this violence.