NNA - The Lebanese Armed Forces (LAF) Orientation Directorate issued a statement Friday insisting upon citizens to abide by decision which forbids hunting in various regions, particularly south of Litani, which subjects hunters to legal prosecution.
What does LAF stand for?
LAF stands for Lebanese Armed Forces
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of LAF
We have 101 other meanings of LAF in our Acronym Attic
- Land Application Facility (various locations)
- Landscape Architecture Foundation
- Lanka Alzheimer's Foundation (Sri Lanka)
- Lansing Area Fencers (Michigan)
- Latin American Female (medical)
- Launch Alert Folder
- Law Annual Fund (Washington and Lee University; Lexington, VA)
- Lead Adventure Forum (gaming)
- Leadership of the Arts Festival (Bangkok, Thailand)
- Left Anterior Fascicle
- Left Arm Facing (furniture)
- Left-Arm Fast (cricket; also seen as LF)
- Legal Aid Foundation
- Legal Assistance Foundation of Metropolitan Chicago (Illinois)
- Lego Allied Forces
- Lepidoptera of Africa
- Les Allocations Familiales (French: Family Allowance Act)
- Letnia Akademia Filmowa (Polish: Summer Film Academy)
- Leveraged Acquisition Finance
Samples in periodicals archive:
After the child had raised the alarm, the Italian contingent serving as part of UNIFIL quickly contacted the Lebanese Armed Forces and worked in a joint-operation TYRE: A child discovered a cluster bomb in the vicinity of his parent's house on the outskirts of the town of Hinnieh Monday, before notifying a passing convoy of the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon.
Summary: Lebanon's Hizbullah conducted secret military maneuvers north and south of the Litani River Saturday morning, coinciding with a military parade by Lebanese armed forces in downtown Beirut marking Independence Day Lebanon's Hizbullah conducted secret military maneuvers north and south of the Litani River Saturday morning, coinciding with a military parade by Lebanese armed forces in downtown Beirut marking Independence Day.
Molet listened to a briefing on the activities of "UNIFIL" in southern Lebanon, in addition to its coordinated operations with the Lebanese armed forces.
Summary: BEIRUT: An influential US congresswoman said the line was disappearing between Hizbullah and the Lebanese Armed Forces (LAF), in a statement that could impact $100 million in US military assistance planned for Lebanon.