And less than half of that, some EUR67 million(pounds 32 million), has actually been paid to the Least Developed Countries Fund - a figure Oxfam described as an "insult" as industrial countries have been the biggest contributors to climate change.
What does LDCF stand for?
LDCF stands for Least Developed Countries Fund (UN)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LDCF
We have 1 other meaning of LDCF in our Acronym Attic
- Linear Dependence Change Detector/Detection
- Lalbhai Dalpatram College of Engineering (Ahmedabad, India)
- Lawful Development Certificate for Existing Use (UK)
- Limited Departmental Competitive Examination (Defence Research and Development Organisation; India)
- Limited Duration Space Environment Candidate Materials Exposure
- Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English
- Loss Data Collection Exercise (bank survey)
- Lucy Daniels Center for Early Childhood (Cary, NC)
- Low Delay Code Exciting Linear Prediction
- Local Development Corporation of East New York
- Liberal Democrat Christian Forum
- Lymphocyte-Derived Chemotactic Factor (immunology)
- Large Dense-Core Granule (biogenesis)
- Launch Disaster Control Group
- Licenciado en Diseño para la Comunicacion Grafica (Spanish)
- Lawrence-Douglas County Housing Authority (Kansas)
- Lawrence-Douglas County Health Department (Lawrence, KS)
- Least-Developed Countries Initiative (est. 2000; UN; Cisco)
- Low Dose Rate Continuous Irradiation
- Long Day Care Incentive Scheme (Department of Education, Employment, and Workplace Relations; Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Four new international funds have, however, been established for raising finance needed for developing-country adaptation: * The Least Developed Countries Fund, under the Global Environment Facility (GEF) since 2001, is for addressing LDCs' most urgent and immediate adaptation needs.
Thanks to this guidance, the GEF began piloting adaptation action under three financing avenues: * Strategic Priority on Adaptation (SPA), a $50 million pilot within the GEF trust fund * Least Developed Countries Fund (LDCF) whose resources are accessible only to the 49 least developed countries (LDCs) * Special Climate Change Fund (SCCF), whose resources are accessible to all developing countries.