2 diesel engine is the world's first diesel engine to comply with global exhaust gas regulations, including Japan's Post New Long-Term Regulations and Europe's Euro6, without the need for an expensive nitrogen oxide (NOx) aftertreatment system, such as the urea selective catalytic reduction (SCR) system or Lean NOx Trap (LNT) catalyst.
What does LNT stand for?
LNT stands for Lean NOx Trap
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LNT
We have 28 other meanings of LNT in our Acronym Attic
- LANTIRN Self Test
- Linux Network Stack Test
- Liquid Nitrogen Storage Tank
- Lecture Notes in Statistics
- London National Society for Women's Suffrage
- Alliant Energy Corp. (stock symbol)
- Larsen and Toubro (engineers)
- Late Night Talk
- Late Night Trivia (Carleton University; Canada)
- Latvian National Television
- Leave No Trace
- Levantamento de Necessidades de Treinamento
- Linear No-threshold Theory (radiation exposure)
- Linens N' Things (retail chain)
- Low NOx Technology
- Lake Norman Tennis Association (Charlotte, NC)
- Lao National Tourism Administration (Laos)
- Leave No Trace Australia (outdoor recreation)
- Low-Noise Transconductance Amplifier
- Lateral Nucleus of the Trapezoid Body
Samples in periodicals archive:
This technology can also be applied to regeneration of diesel particulate filters and lean NOx traps in various global applications.
According to HydrogenSource, the reformer, which is based on the company's patented catalytic partial oxidation (CPO) technology for generating hydrogen on board vehicles, converts a "small" portion of diesel fuel into hydrogen-rich gas that can be utilized for regenerating lean NOx traps (LNTs), which capture the pollutant on a catalyst surface.
The opposite strategy of reducing NOx significantly with the aftertreatment would have meant either SCR (selective catalytic reduction) using urea as a reductant, or a lean NOx trap technique.
Steward noted that potential projects include the development of emission-reduction devices and strategies, such as model-based controls, lean NOx trap regeneration and control strategies with a flexible fuel and valve-actuation system engine.