Leaking underground fuel tanks made the property unsellable, the Labor Department said.
What does LUFT stand for?
LUFT stands for Leaking Underground Fuel Tank
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Lausanne Underground Film Festival
- Looking Up Feeling Good (Australia)
- Lost and Unaccounted for Gas
- Land Use and Food Policy Intergroup (EU)
- Large Unit Financial System (software; US Coast Guard)
- Linux Userland File System
- Loudness Units Full Scale (audio measurement)
- Loudness Units Relative to Full Scale (audio levels standard)
- Luteinized Unruptured Follicle Syndrome (fertility)
- Levittown Union Free School District
Samples in periodicals archive:
Coverage protects against losses from leaking underground fuel tanks to industrial-residue containment pools, which might contaminate river or water tables over months and years, says Unibanco-AIG's industrial risk director Luis Nagamine.
The researchers analyzed data on more than 850 leaking underground fuel tanks in the Los Angeles area, as well as measurements of those contaminants in groundwater at various distances from the tanks.