When governmental delegates reached a deadlock in discussions on security arrangements in the League's Temporary Mixed Commission, for example, the British NGO the League of Nations Union played a crucial role in the design of a Draft Treaty of Mutual Assistance that was subsequently passed in the fourth League of Nations assembly.
What does LNU stand for?
LNU stands for League of Nations Union (UK; 1918-1971)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LNU
We have 3 other meanings of LNU in our Acronym Attic
- Local Notice to Mariners (US Coast Guard)
- Languages National Training Organisation (UK)
- Leading National Theatres Program
- Limited Notice to Proceed
- League of Nations Treaty Series
- Library of New Testament Studies (book series)
- Liberia National Table Tennis Association (Monrovia, Liberia)
- Landesgemeinschaft Naturschutz und Umwelt (German: Community Land Conservation and Environment; est. 1976; North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany)
- Lao National University (Laos)
- Last Name Unknown
- Liaoning Normal University (Dalian, Liaoning, China)
- Lincolnshire Naturalists' Union (Horncastle, Lincolnshire, England, UK)
- Linnaeus University (Sweden)
- London Node User Group (UK)
- Lotus Notes User Group
- Landbouw, Natuur en Voedselkwaliteit (Agriculture, nature and food quality Government ministry, Netherlands)
- Last Nights Vice (band)
- Laughlin (Amtrak station code; Laughlin, NV)
- Lepton-Number Violating (physics)
- Londolovit, Papua New Guinea - Londolovit (Airport Code)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A founder of the League of Nations Union, he later gained prominence as the foremost advocate of strengthening the League of Nations by the creation of an international police force.
The largest and the most influential such group in the 1920s was the League of Nations Union (LNU), a pressure group that sought to raise support in Britain for the League of Nations, and advocated for the mandates system.