Commission Chairwoman Kalthoum Badreddine said that this draft law is the fruit of a consensus between several projects presented by the government members, NCA members on behalf of civil society, notably the Tunisian General Labour Union, the Tunisian League of Human Rights, the Order of Barristers and the chairman and members of the former IHAE which had organised and monitored the October 23, 2011 elections.
What does LIGA stand for?
LIGA stands for League of Human Rights (Czech Republic)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LIGA
We have 6 other meanings of LIGA in our Acronym Attic
- Let It Go
- Life in General
- Life Insurance Group (various locations)
- Life Is Good
- Ligurian (linguistics)
- Limoges, France - Bellegarde (Airport Code)
- Lineage Interference Graph
- Local Interest Group (various organizations)
- Low Income Group
- Last Inter-Glacial in the Arctic Project
- Linux Gnu User Group Amsterdam
- Lithografie, Galvanoformung, Abformung (German: Lithography, Electroplating, and Molding; a micromachining technology)
- Long Island Golf Association (New York)
- Louisiana Insurance Guaranty Association
- Like I Give A Damn
- Long Island Gay and Lesbian Youth (Long Island, NY)
- Let It Go and Move On
- Like I Give A Rat's Ass
- Long Island Group Advancing Science Education (Stonybrook University; New York)
- Low Income Governing Board (California Public Utilities Commission; est. 2005)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Violent groups which are outside the law propagate terror," said the head of the Tunisian League of Human Rights, Abdessatar Ben Moussa.
The third strongest party, Ettakatol, that is said to have been in talks with Ennahada about the post, is still hoping that it could negotiate for its leader, Mustapha Ben Jaafar to get the nod The choice of Mr Marzouki, a physician who headed the Tunisian League of Human Rights, is the result of an agreement reached by the Ennahada Party, that won most seats in last month's elections, and the CPR, the second largest party in the new assembly.
Summary: Rabat - Saharan NGO the League of human rights defenders in the Sahara wrote to the UN Secretary-General about "the acts of violence" committed against the Saharans who staged a sit-in in front of the polisario's secretariat general, near Tindouf in the Algerian territory.
Indeed, other Jewish organizations like the League of Human Rights of B'nai B'rith, not only supported the action but took some credit for the banning of Galloway.
Le Pen was ordered to pay a 10,000 euros (pounds 6,850) fine for his remarks in the daily Le Monde and an additional 5,000 euros (pounds 3,425) in interest and damages to the League of Human Rights which had filed the suit.
Chen stopped in New York City, where he met with Mayor Michael Bloomberg, accepted an award from the International League of Human Rights, and gave a speech on human rights.
In a three day trial that opened in Paris yesterday, Aussaresses is charged with 'complicity in justifying war crimes,' following a action filed by France's League of Human Rights.