As representatives of three major North American dog guide organizations--Guide Dogs for the Blind, Leader Dogs for the Blind, and The Seeing Eye--and as dually qualified certified orientation and mobility specialists (COMs) and guide dog mobility instructors (GDMIs) with many years of assessment experience, we have observed a deterioration in the independent travel skills and readiness for dog guide training of applicants to our respective dog guide schools.
What does LDB stand for?
LDB stands for Leader Dogs for the Blind
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LDB
We have 67 other meanings of LDB in our Acronym Attic
- Learning Disabilities Association of Vancouver (Canada)
- Learning Disabilities Association of Virginia (Arlington, VA)
- Learning Disabilities Association of Washington (Redmond, WA, US)
- Learning Disabilities Association of Yukon
- Learning Disabilities Association of York Region (Richmond Hill, ON, Canada)
- Genetic Location Database
- Laboratoire de Dosimétrie Biologique (French: Biological Dosimetry Laboratory)
- Landport Drapery Bazaar (fabric shop; Portsmouth, NH)
- Launch Data Bus (US NASA)
- Leader Development Branch (US Army)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The experience brought me full circle from raising puppies for Leader Dogs for the Blind, an institution similar to the Seeing Eye, to handling a trained dog.
Daniels was recently named chief executive officer of Leader Dogs for the Blind.
They include Leader Dogs for the Blind, Lighthouse of Oakland County-Kids Cafe-After School Program, Rochester Area Jaycees, The Rainbow Connection-Bringing Michigan Kids' Dreams to Life, On My Own of Michigan-Helping Adults with Disabilities and The Miracle League-Helping Disabled Kids Play Baseball, Whenever an Allen Brothers participating customer refers someone to Allen Brothers, and they purchase a new roof or repair, Allen Brothers will send a voucher worth $25.
Leader Dogs for the Blind, the fist dog guide organization to provide global positioning system (GPS) device training to people using a cane or a dog guide for mobility, recently began selling its own personal GPS navigational device.