Laverne and Shirley is an American television situation comedy that ran on ABC from 1976 to 1983, starring Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams.
What does L&S stand for?
L&S stands for Laverne and Shirley (TV show)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of L&S
- Lifestyle and Rehabilitation
- Logic and Reason
- Logs & Records (USN Aircraft)
- Love and Respect (various applications)
- Loyalty and Respect
- Luise and Reggiannini (algorithm)
- Legislative & Regulatory Analysis
- Launch & Recovery System
- College of Letter and Science (University of California at Berkeley)
- Launch and Steering
- Lawrence & Schiller (advertising agency)
- Leak and Squeak
- Lilo & Stitch (cartoon)
- Lying and Standing (blood pressure)
- Larsen & Toubro Limited
- Learning and Teaching (various schools)
- Localization & Track Correlation
- Logistics and Transportation Corporate Citizenship Initiative (DHL Worldwide Express)
- Lethality and Target Hardening
- Land and Wire (telephone)
Samples in periodicals archive:
5 Laverne And Shirley was a spin-off from which cult 70s American comedy?
One of the essays in the 1970s section delved into the lesbian undertones of female pal comedies Laverne and Shirley (1976-83) and Kate and Allie (1984-89), with references to I Love Lucy (1951-57).
The grapevine has it that Jessica wants to act in buddy comedy with 'Hit Me Baby One More Time' hitmaker, based on the lines of much-loved series Laverne and Shirley.