In fact, the missiles we have come to view as launch vehicles for satellites--Atlas, Titan, and Thor--began their life as military missiles designed to carry nuclear warheads.
What does L/V stand for?
L/V stands for Launch Vehicle
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of L/V
We have 23 other meanings of L/V in our Acronym Attic
- Lump Sum
- Lead time (product delivery)
- Lead Trail
- Length to Thickness ratio
- Less Than
- Lettertainer (Canada Post)
- Long Ton (measurement)
- Logistical/Tactical Excellence Program
- Logistics for Transportation Policy
- Left Word
- Light/Weight Berthing and Positioning System
- Length Width Thickness
- Leptotene and zygotene (chromosomes)
- Light phase/Dark phase (oxygen consumption ratio)
- Lactulose/Mannitol Excretion Ratio (HIV medicine)
- Linoleic to Oleic acid (health ratio)
- Lactate-to-Pyruvate (blood ratio)
- Association pour la Lutte Contre l'Erosion la Sécheresse et la Deshertification au Maroc (French)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Back in the good old days," says Bunner, "we used to have 7 to 10 flights before a launch vehicle was declared flightworthy.