This ancestor was probably a predatory marine fish with good eyesight, jaws and teeth and a lateral line system for detecting water movements, visible as a stripe along the flank of most fishes.
What does LLS stand for?
LLS stands for Lateral Line System (sensory organ in fish)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LLS
We have 85 other meanings of LLS in our Acronym Attic
- Laboratori de Llum de Sincrotró (Synchrotron Light Laboratory; Barcelona, Spain)
- Land Leveling System
- Language Learning Solutions
- Language Learning Strategies
- Language Line Services (translation company)
- Large Laboratory System (LabCorp)
- Laser Leveling System
- Laser Light Source
- Laser Line Scanner
- Late Late Show (TV)
- Launch and Landing Site (US NASA)
- Learning and Life Skills (education)
- Least Loaded Server
- LED (Light Emitting Diode) Lighting Solutions (various locations)
- Leigh-Like Syndrome
- Lender Lead Solutions (mortgages)
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Libertarian Leadership School (Libertarian National Committee)
- Licensed Land Surveyor
- Light Louisiana Sweet (crude oil grade)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The common ancestor is believed to be an aquatic vertebrate, probably a predatory marine fish, with good eyesight, jaws and teeth and a lateral line system for detecting water movements.
And some of the recent research on pike has shown that the lateral line system is essential to successful prey capture.