Among the different regions involved in the serotoninergic neurotransmission, the lateral hypothalamic area may be responsible of several serotoninergic effects, including eating, drinking and copulation (Wayner et al.
What does LHA stand for?
LHA stands for Lateral Hypothalamic Area (brain)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LHA
We have 101 other meanings of LHA in our Acronym Attic
- Lysyl Hydroxylase Isoform 3
- Late Embryonic H4
- Amphibious Assault Ship (General Purpose)
- Compressed File (File Name Extension)
- General Purpose Amphibious Assault Ship
- Laboratoire de Haute Activité (French: High Activity Laboratory)
- Ladies Hermitage Association (Tennessee)
- Lakewood Housing Authority (New Jersey)
- Landing Helicopter, Amphibious
- Landing, Helicopter, Assault
- Left Hand Active (door feature)
- Left-Handers Association
- Leicestershire Health Authority (UK)
- Les Houches Accord (physics agreements)
- Lifetime Health Advisory (US EPA)
- Linear Hybrid Automata
- Lippert/Heilshorn & Associates (New York, NY)
- Local Health Administration
- Local Highways Authority (UK)
- Local Hour Angle
Samples in periodicals archive:
One theory for the mechanism of this effect is that, in the central nervous system, orexin producing neurons are colocalized with the neurons in the lateral hypothalamic area that are responsible for food intake (Date et al.
1) Immuno-cytochemical studies show that orexin-positive neurons are located in the lateral hypothalamic area and arcuate and perifornical nuclei.