a) Optic chiasm (b) Post chiasmal optic nerve (c) Lateral Geniculate Nucleus (d) Striate cortex 12.
What does LGN stand for?
LGN stands for Lateral Geniculate Nucleus (part of brain)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LGN
We have 35 other meanings of LGN in our Acronym Attic
- Lake Gibson Middle School (Lakeland, FL)
- Lemon Grove Middle School (California)
- Licentiate of the Guild of Musicians and Singers (UK)
- Local Growth Management Strategy (South East Queensland, Australia)
- Lord Give Me Strength
- Low Grade Myofibroblastic Sarcoma (cancer)
- Lowes Grove Middle School (North Carolina)
- Lubbock Gem and Mineral Society (Lubbock, TX)
- Local Government Management Services Board (Ireland)
- Local Government Management and Service Delivery (Uganda)
Samples in periodicals archive:
These researchers found that the neurons of the magnocellular layers of the lateral geniculate nucleus (the entity in the thalamus that processes visual transients) are, on average, 27% smaller in dyslexic brains.