THEORETICAL BACKGROUND Currently, the energy balance equation at the surface is formulated as: Rn = G + H + LE (1) This equation expresses the partition of the net radiation (Rn) between soil heat flux (G), sensible heat flux (H) and latent heat flux (LE), corresponding to evaporation for a bare soil and transpiration for vegetation canopy.
What does LHF stand for?
LHF stands for Latent Heat Flux (meteorology)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LHF
We have 34 other meanings of LHF in our Acronym Attic
- Les Houches Event File
- Living History Education Foundation (Buchanan, NY)
- Living Hope Evangelical Fellowship
- London Historic Environment Forum (UK)
- Library of Hydro-Ecological Modules
- Lowry Hill East Neighborhood Association (Minneapolis, MN)
- Lionel Hitchen (Essential Oils) Ltd.
- Left Hand Elliptical Polarization
- Left Hand Extended Pylon (US Navy H-60 helicopter variants)
- Ladle Heating Furnace
Samples in periodicals archive:
The researchers found that in all models, LCC has a statistically significant regional effect on latent heat flux and near-surface temperature.
All fluxes are dependent greatly on the capacity of the plants/substrate to evaporate water as latent heat flux uses energy from the environment to evaporate water, thus cooling down the plants' surface and roof temperature.