To visualize the importance of latent heat storage (PCM), in the case of water, 80 times more energy is required to melt 1 kg of ice than to raise the temperature of 1 kg of water by 1[degrees]C.
What does LH stand for?
LH stands for Latent Heat
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LH
We have 37 other meanings of LH in our Acronym Attic
- Local Government Yorkshire and Humber (UK)
- Lesbian and Gay Youth Manchester (UK)
- Lawn and Garden Yellow Pages
- l'Hôpital's Rule (calculus)
- La Hora (Guatemalan newspaper)
- Labor-Hour (Contract)
- Laguna Hills (California city)
- Landing Helicopter
- Lashon Hara
- Last Horizon (online gaming)
Samples in periodicals archive:
1) LHV (Lower Heating Value): The heat value of a combustion process excluding latent heat of vaporization of water.
Yesterday's auction kicked off with a daughter of US freshman sire Latent Heat making EUR40,000 when consigned by Gerry Burke's Glidawn Stud, which made headlines last year when selling George Washington's only filly.
If the sink of heat is less than the latent heat the next time step will start.
The money will go towards providing an air-source heat pump which uses the latent heat in the outside air and works in the opposite way to a refrigerator by turning the cold air into warm air through an electrical-driven compressor.
With water pumped from a purpose drilled well, the facade--that is covered in a granule-faced asphalt that holds water--cools the building through a perpetual process of vaporisation, taking latent heat from the building's skin and releasing it into the atmosphere.