However, during the period of last glacial maximum (LGM), the climate was cold, dry, and inhospitable with frequent storms and a dust-laden atmosphere.
What does LGM stand for?
LGM stands for Last Glacial Maximum
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LGM
We have 65 other meanings of LGM in our Acronym Attic
- Local Government Liability Pool (insurance; Wyoming)
- Love God Love People (Christian group)
- Leadership Greater Little Rock (Arkansas)
- Louis Goldberg Library Suppliers (Nazareth, PA)
- Lesbian and Gay Law Student Association
- League of Gay and Lesbian Voters (Pennsylvania)
- Loan, Guarantee and Leasing Window
- Ground Launched Missile (military missile designation)
- Laser Guided Missile
- Laser Guided Munitions
- Lawful General Merchandise (shipping industry)
- Leadership, Governance and Management (UK)
- Lembaga Getah Malaysia (Malay: Malaysian Rubber Board)
- Les Gouvernements Municipaux (French: The Municipal Governments)
- Let's Get Married
- Let's Go Mets (New York Mets)
- Lieutenant Governor for Marketing
- Liftgate Module (General Motors)
- Linear Gauss-Markov
- Linearized Green-Function Method
Samples in periodicals archive:
The data imply that major population expansions took place after the Last Glacial Maximum (the peak of the last ice age) but before the Neolithic period.
The early onset of pottery making meant that food preparation intensified during the last glacial maximum," says Harvard University archaeologist and study coauthor Ofer Bar-Yosef.
Among the topics are whether the Early Aurignacian in Central Europe represents the initial dispersion of anatomically modern humans in Europe, archaeological and palaeoecological studies of palaeolithic industries before the Last Glacial Maximum between 32,000 and 20,000 ago, whether fishing was an important subsistence activity in the Upper Palaeolithic of Southwest Germany, imprints discovered on palaeolithic ceramics at sites in Lower Austria, and different excavation techniques and their stratigraphic results.
[FIGURE 1 OMITTED] THE CLIMATE OF THE LAST GLACIAL MAXIMUM: EQUILIBRIUM STRENGTH OF THE THC At last glacial maximum (LGM), the quasi-steady properties of the forcing to which the climate system was subject, involved significant changes to both surface topography and albedo, in consequence of the massive accumulations of land ice that covered the northern hemisphere continents at that time (Fig.
As a result, even the general distribution of vegetation during the Last Glacial Maximum is debated.