In addition to providing operational oil spill remote sensing, the Emergencies Science Division (ESD) of Environment Canada is engaged in the development of airborne oil spill remote sensors, including the Scanning Laser Environmental Airborne Fluorosensor (SLEAF) and the Laser Ultrasonic Remote Sensing of Oil Thickness (LURSOT) sensor.
What does LURSOT stand for?
LURSOT stands for Laser Ultrasonic Remote Sensing of Oil Thickness (Minerals Management Service; US Department of the Interior)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Land Use & Resource Management
- Linked Urology Research Network (est. 1999)
- Land Use Recovery Plan (New Zealand)
- Land Use Regulation Program (New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection)
- Local URL Resolution Protocol
- See LRP (Long-Range Patrol) and LRRP (Long-Range Reconnaissance Patrol)
- Lancaster University Role-Playing Society (UK)
- Load/Unload Response Ratio
- Land Use Requirements Study
- London Underground Railway Society (Surrey, UK)