To improve marksmanship scores and training, and to provide some sort of timely, quality precision feedback for marksmanship trainers, the Army has invested in five different shooting simulators: the Accudart, Weaponeer, Multipurpose Arcade Combat Simulator, Engagement Skills Trainer, and Beamhit Laser Marksmanship Training System.
What does LMTS stand for?
LMTS stands for Laser Marksmanship Training System (US Army)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LMTS
We have 7 other meanings of LMTS in our Acronym Attic
- Laughing My Tail Off
- Linearized Muffin-Tin Orbital (Method)
- Lockheed Martin Technical Operations
- Logistics Management of Technical Order System (US Air Force)
- Local Mail Transfer Protocol
- Lake McMurtry Trail Run (Oklahoma)
- Laser Market & Target Ranger
- Livret de la Marche des Trains (France)
- Logistics Management Responsibility Transfer
- Left Message To Return Call
- Last Mile Transportation System
- Last Minute Touristik Service (German: Last Minute Tourism Service)
- Lead Member of Technical Staff (various organizations)
- Lightweight Moving Target System
- Limits (Canada Post road designation)
- Lockheed Martin Tactical Systems
- Lockheed Martin Technology Services
- Lower Merion Township Scholarship Fund
- Lockheed Martin Technology Services Group
- Lockheed Martin Transportation and Security Solutions (Rockville, Maryland)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The EST 2000 is the only required marksmanship device for the Army, but as a result of mission needs both in Afghanistan and Iraq, the PEO STRI has developed the laser marksmanship training system for individual training.