This pathfinding achievement sets the stage for the Lunar Laser Communications Demonstration (LLCD), a high data rate laser-communication demonstrations that will be a central feature of NASA's next moon mission, the Lunar Atmosphere and Dust Environment Explorer (LADEE)," says Goddard's Richard Vondrak, the LRO deputy project scientist.
What does LACO stand for?
LACO stands for Laser Communications
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LACO
- Liberal Arts Career Network
- Local Area Communications Network
- Los Angeles Collective Network
- Louisiana Association of Crisis Negotiators (Houma, LA)
- Latin-American Conference on Networked Electronic Media
- Latin America and Caribbean Network Information Centre
- Latin American and Caribbean Internet Addresses Registry
- Legal Aid Commission of New South Wales (Australia)
- Literacy Assistance Center of New York City
- Langage et Cognition (French: Language and Cognition)
- Legal Aid Centers for Olim (Israel Religious Action Center)
- Linearized Atomic Cell Orbital
- Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra
- Loving Arms Christian Outreach (Killeen, Texas)
- Los Angeles County Operational Area (Office of Emergency Management; Los Angeles, CA)
- Los Angeles County Office of Education
- Los Angeles County Emergency Operations Center
- Los Angeles County Fire Department
- Lebanese American Club of Michigan (est. 1996)
- Local Atmospheric Chemistry and Ozone Model
Samples in periodicals archive:
This pathfinding achievement sets the stage for the Lunar Laser Communications Demonstration (LLCD), a high data rate laser-communication demonstrations that will be a central feature of NASA's next moon mission, the Lunar Atmosphere and Dust Environment Explorer (LADEE)," Goddard's Richard Vondrak, the LRO deputy project scientist, said.
Laser communications do not use any of the radio spectrum.
Coverage includes an introduction to near-earth laser communications technology; systems engineering and design drivers; pointing acquisition and tracking; flight laser transmitters for coherent and direct detection; the flight optomechanical assembly; coding and modulation for free-space optical communications; photodetectors and receivers as applicable to both the flight and ground transceivers; implications of the atmospheric channel on laser beam propagation for downlinks and uplinks; the ground terminal, with examples from recent successful flight links; reliability and flight qualification; approaches and configurations for cross-links and optical networking; and ongoing activities and future directions.
SPI crafts terrestrial laser communications products for the DOD and commercial communications companies.
The secondary payload is a laser communications terminal, built by Tesat- Spacecom of Germany, that will be used to evaluate the utility of laser communications as part of a U.
Baiden, director of Laurentian University's school of engineering, two other post-secondary school instructors and seven graduate students are experimenting with underwater laser communications as a first step to underwater mining.
As we develop the notion of laser communications to deal with the bandwidth problems (a long way to go here), we have very energetic programs to develop this notion of laser communications into the future.