A great many causes of dysphonia exist, including voice abuse or misuse, congenital malformations of the vocal folds such as sulcus vocalis, laryngopharyngeal reflux, hypothyroidism or other endocrine dysfunction, vocal fold paresis or paralysis, papillomatosis, laryngeal cancer, and many others.
What does LPR stand for?
LPR stands for Laryngopharyngeal Reflux
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LPR
We have 113 other meanings of LPR in our Acronym Attic
- Luang Prabang (Laos)
- Ludibrium Party Quest (game)
- Legal Profession Qualifying Board (Malaysia)
- Libertarian Party of Queens County (Flushing, NY)
- Leonardo Power Quality Initiative
- Le Poisson Qui Rigole (French)
- Amphibious Transport (Small)
- La Polla Records (Spanish band)
- Laboratory Property Removal
- Language Proficiency Requirement (various locations)
- Laser Plasma Reflectometer
- Late Procurement Request
- Late-Phase Reaction (immunology)
- Laurent-Perrier Rose (champagne)
- Lawful Permanent Resident
- Laxity-Driven Proactive Resource Allocation
- Le Poisson Rouge (French: The Red Fish)
- Leadership Potential Rating
- League of Polish Families (Poland)
- Legal Permanent Resident
Samples in periodicals archive:
It makes sense to add habituation, neuropathic triggers, and laryngopharyngeal reflux to the list of factors to assess when tracing the origins of a cough that has persisted for longer than 8 weeks, advised a pulmonary specialist.
Later chapters looks at the syndrome from the perspective of different specialties, and further chapters cover asthma and GER, globus, an evidence-based approach to diagnosis and treatment, diagnostic testing, medical therapy for laryngopharyngeal reflux, and surgical treatment.
Bile acid induces cyclo-oxygenase-2 expression in cultured human pharyngeal cells: a possible mechanism of carcinogenesis in the upper aerodigestive tract by laryngopharyngeal reflux.
She developed laryngeal hyperactivity with laryngopharyngeal reflux and acid reflux disease.
Laryngopharyngeal reflux and laryngeal web formation in patients with pediatric recurrent respiratory papillomas.