It also includes five percent of the Upper Hudson River watershed and extensive habitat for mammals like the moose, bobcat and black bear, and aquatic habitat for brook trout, landlocked salmon and small and large-mouth bass.
What does LMB stand for?
LMB stands for Large-Mouth Bass
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LMB
We have 79 other meanings of LMB in our Acronym Attic
- Lockheed Martin Alenia Tactical Transport Systems
- Limestone Medical Aid Unit (Wilmington, DE)
- Lawson Mid-America User Group
- Laser Maverick
- Lower Mississippi Alluvial Valley
- League of Mexican American Women (Fresno, CA)
- Leonard Metal Art Works Inc. (New York)
- Landelijke Meldkamer Ambulance Zorg (Dutch: Rural Ambulance Dispatch Care)
- Lake Murray Boulevard (California)
- Land of Medicine Buddha (Buddha-Dharma Center)
- Latin Music Booking
- League of Michigan Bicyclists (Lansing, MI)
- Leave Me Be
- Lee Myung-bak (South Korean president)
- Left Mouse Button
- Leftist Marching Band (est. 2004; Portsmouth, NH)
- Lego Master Builder
- Lehrer McGovern Bovis, Inc. (now Bovis Lend Lease LMB, Inc.; New York, NY)
- Lifetime Maximum Benefit
- Lightweight Matte Box (film industry)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Johns Rivers is today well-known for its large-mouth bass population.
A huge variety of fish, from wily large-mouth bass to powerful bluefin tuna, will test the expertise of even the most seasoned angler.
Dear Editor: I was sitting by the stale peanuts-for-charity dispenser, sipping on a coffee-like beverage and absorbed by an article it Field and Stream (Matching Wits With the Large-Mouth Bass in the June 1991 edition) while waiting for my mechanic to restore what vim and vigour were left in my car.
The count included 70 large-mouth bass, 27 carp, 12 bluegill, 11 black bullhead, nine large-scale sucker and five pumpkinseed, fisheries biologist Kelly Reis said.
The program's 14 students are rearing more than a half-million tilapia, channel catfish and large-mouth bass in two ponds and three recycled gas-station tanks that have been cut in half.
Populations have been declining throughout the bay, limiting the food supply for bluefish, large-mouth bass, and striped bass.
Sometimes a large-mouth bass would gently tug at his line, and other times one wouldn't, but this spot always gave Andrew a chance to be alone with his thoughts and take a break from school, baseball, and the swim team.