It could also be used to capture and store CO from industrial processes that are large point source emitters, such as steel or cement producers.
What does LPS stand for?
LPS stands for Large Point Source
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LPS
We have 296 other meanings of LPS in our Acronym Attic
- Lamp Power Supply
- Lancaster Primary School (Lancaster, VA)
- Lancry Protection Sécurité (French security company)
- Land and Property Services (UK)
- Landesanstalt für Personendosimetrie und Strahlenschutzausbildung (Germany)
- Landsat-7 Processing System
- Landsonar Predictive Speed
- Language Prototyping System
- Langues, Production, Services, Ltée (Quebec, Canada language school)
- Lanterman-Petris-Short Act (California 1967)
- Large Processing Site
- Laser Printer Services
- Laser Printing System (Xerox production printing system for LCDS and metacode data streams)
- Last Photographer Standing
- Last Possible Solution (band)
- Laszlo Presentation Server
- Latin Placement Service (University of Texas)
- Latvijas Pasvaldibu Savieniba (Latvian Association of Local and Regional Governments)
- Launch Phase Simulator
- Launch Processing System (Space Shuttle)
Samples in periodicals archive:
CCS is based on the process of capturing carbon dioxide from large point sources, such as an oil refinery, for storage by methods that do not enter the atmosphere.
In general, the IPCC concludes that by 2050 CCS could sequester 20-40 percent of global carbon dioxide emissions from large point sources (such as power plants and factories), and that it could enable the reduction of carbon emissions from vehicles as well if they were driven by hydrogen or electricity made from CCS-treated fossil fuels.
Though the group tried to identify point sources such as the Southern California Edison plant in Laughlin, Nevada, Carl Bowman, the air quality scientist at Grand Canyon National Park, admits the search for large point sources of pollution is growing leaner.
primer cutting emissions Carbon capture and storage (CCS) is a means of mitigating the contribution of fossil fuel emissions to global warming, based on capturing carbon dioxide (CO2) from large point sources such as fossil fuel power plants, and storing it away from atmosphere by different means.