We measured plasma concentrations of tryptophan (Trp) and the other large neutral amino acids (LNAA) in 6 control and 7 obese subjects before and after they consumed a low-carbohydrate "protein-sparing modified fast" (PSMF) diet; LNAA levels in control subjects were also assessed after supplemental oral Trp.
What does LNAA stand for?
LNAA stands for Large Neutral Amino Acids
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LNAA
We have 4 other meanings of LNAA in our Acronym Attic
- Lion Nathan Australia (foods)
- Local National Actions
- Local Network Attachment
- Locked Nucleic Acid (Link Technologies Ltd.)
- Logistics Net Assessment
- Lost Note Affidavit
- Low-Noise Amplifier
- Anti-Latent Nuclear Antigen-1
- Leading National Advertisers-Publishers Information Bureau
- Latent Nuclear Antigen-1
- Lehigh Northampton Airport Authority (Allentown, PA)
- Large-Needle Aspiration Biopsy
- Larrakia Nation Aboriginal Corporation (Coconut Grove, Northern Territory, Australia)
- Lemp Neighborhood Arts Center (St. Louis, MO)
- Leyden-Norwood Athletic Conference (Illinois)
- Limited National Agency Check
- Limited North American Championships (Alaska Dog Mushers Association; Fairbanks, AK)
- Lough Neagh Advisory Committee (Magherafelt, Northern Ireland, UK)
- Louisville, New Albany and Corydon (railroad)
- Latino Native American Cultural Center (Iowa City, IA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
BACKGROUND: Plasma tryptophan concentrations and the ratio of tryptophan to other large neutral amino acids (plasma tryptophan ratio) are reportedly low in obese subjects.