Powers the world's highest-elevation telescope array Tokyo, Mar 14, 2013 - (JCN Newswire) - Fujitsu and the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan (NAOJ) today announced that they have jointly developed and recently launched operations of the purpose-built Atacama Compact Array (ACA) Correlator supercomputer system, which will be employed as part of the Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array (ALMA) project, a Chile-based radio telescope featuring unprecedented sensitivity and resolution.
What does LMSA stand for?
LMSA stands for Large Millimeter/Submillimeter Array (radio telescope project; Chile; astronomy)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LMSA
We have 29 other meanings of LMSA in our Acronym Attic
- Lowe's Motor Speedway
- Lower Merion Synagogue
- Loyalty Management System (various companies)
- Lucy Moses School (New York)
- Lunar Mass Spectrometer
- Lunar Mission Scenario
- Lunar Module Simulator
- Lockheed Martin Sensing & Exploration Systems (US NASA)
- Linear Multi-State Sliding-Window System
- Lanka Mithuro Scholarship Association
- Latino Medical Student Association (Irvine, CA)
- Lincoln Middle School of the Arts (Milwaukee, WI)
- Linear Multivariate Statistical Analysis
- Logistics Management Supportability Analysis
- Life & Microgravity Sciences & Applications Advisory Committee
- Lockheed Martin Solar and Astrophysics Laboratory
- Laughing My Sexy Ass Off
- Laughing My Silly Ass Off
- Laughing My Small Ass Off
- Large and Mid-Size Business
Samples in periodicals archive:
The young system, about 450 light-years from Earth, is revealing its complex gravitational dance to the ever-sharpening vision of the Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array (ALMA), scheduled for completion this year.
com)-- It was recently announced that the Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array (ALMA) is officially open for business in the Chilean Andes.
The astronomers have received approval to improve their understanding of L1527 IRS by making high-precision observations with the Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array (ALMA), an international telescope system nearing completion at high elevation in northern Chile.
The Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array (ALMA) potentially can find more split-personality galaxies with its improved radio "vision.
Washington, August 29 ( ANI ): A team of astronomers has spotted sugar molecules in the gas surrounding a young Sun-like star, using the powerful telescope Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array (ALMA).
These amplifiers, Zmuidzinas noted, could be incorporated into telescope arrays like the Combined Array for Research in Millimeter-wave Astronomy at OVRO, of which Caltech is a consortium member, and the Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array in Chile.