The fishery for Atlantic seabob, a small-size, short-lived shrimp, lies in coastal waters off Suriname that are situated within the Guyana-Brazil Large Marine Ecosystem.
What does LME stand for?
LME stands for Large Marine Ecosystem
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LME
We have 92 other meanings of LME in our Acronym Attic
- Lower Mainland Down Syndrome Society (Canada)
- La Maison du Touriste (French: House of Tourists)
- Leadville Mine Drainage Tunnel (Colorado)
- Lightweight Manpack Data Terminal (United Kingdom)
- Linear Machine Decision Tree (algorithm)
- Log Mean Differential Temperature
- Leadership and Management Development Training Course
- Lower Mainland District Traffic Services (Royal Canadian Mounted Police)
- Labor, Material, Equipment (goods measurement)
- Laboratoire de Modélisation Environnementale (French: Environmental Modeling Laboratory)
Samples in periodicals archive:
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS The authors would like to thank the crew of the R/V Dr Fridtjof Nansen for excellent working conditions, and the administration of the Guinea Current Large Marine Ecosystem (GCLME) for letting us participate in their cruises.
The Coastal Area Management Project has officially started today with the signing ceremony taking place in Shenyang City, Liaoning Province, between the WWF, the world's leading conservation organization, the Ocean and Fishery Bureau of Liaoning Province Government, and the UNDP/GEF Yellow Sea Large Marine Ecosystem Project Management Office(1).
Known as the Northeast US Continental Shelf Large Marine Ecosystem (NES LME), the ecosystem spans approximately 100,000 square miles and supports some of the highest revenue-generating fisheries in the nation.
Scientists have divided such coastal waters into 64 large marine ecosystems.
Collectively, these large marine ecosystems (LMEs) produced 83% of global fisheries yields over the past 50 years.