The Large Hadron Collider under the Swiss-French border will operate for two more months then shut down through 2014, allowing engineers to lay thousands more superconducting cables aimed at bringing the machine up to "full design energy," Gillies said.
What does LHC stand for?
LHC stands for Large Hadron Collider
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LHC
We have 102 other meanings of LHC in our Acronym Attic
- Lactose Hydrogen Breath Test
- Long Head of the Biceps Tendon (orthopedics)
- Laporan Harian Bank Umum (Indonesian: Harian Bank General Report; Bank Indonesia)
- Little House in the Big Woods (book)
- Lead Hollow-Base Wadcutter (cast bullet type)
- Lahore High Court
- Lake Havasu City (Arizona, USA)
- Lake Hills Church (Austin, TX)
- Lakeridge Health Corporation (Ontario, Canada)
- Land Hermit Crabs (resource)
- Lausanne Hockey Club (Lausanne, Switzerland)
- Leadership for Healthy Communities
- Leadership Health Care (Tennessee)
- Leadership, Honor, Courage (Gerstell Academy motto)
- Lee Honors College (Western Michigan University)
- Left Heart Catheterization
- Left-Hand Circular
- Legal Heir Certificate (Thashil Office, India)
- Les Hale Chorale (Cedar Falls, IA)
- Les Horribles Cernettes (band)
Samples in periodicals archive:
VISITORS to the Senedd are being given the opportunity to get up close and personal with the world's most famous science experiment - the Large Hadron Collider (LHC).
It is also home of the now famous particle accelerator, the Large Hadron Collider in Switzerland.
Byline: MIKE SWAIN SCIENTISTS working on the Large Hadron Collider have made their first discovery.
Summary: Scientists say they have found signs of the Higgs boson while conducting tests at the Large Hadron Collider near Geneva.
The department's advisory panel on high-energy physics had recommended that the Tevatron operate for three additional years after the European consortium CERN announced in early 2010 that its more powerful Large Hadron Collider would close down during all of 2012 for repairs.
com PRESENT AT THE CREATION: THE STORY OF CERN AND THE LARGE HADRON COLLIDER comes from an author who interviewed directors and scientists and who was allowed rare access to the lab at CERN.