Bauer helped define the role of remote sensing for agriculture and forestry and made significant contributions to NASA's Large Area Crop Inventory Experiment.
What does LACIE stand for?
LACIE stands for Large Area Crop Inventory Experiment
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Lactosaminated Human Serum Albumin
- Los Angeles County High School for the Arts (California)
- Lacunar Anterior Circulation Infarct
- Lacunar Infarct
- Laser Angioplasty for Critical Ischemia (surgery)
- Lipoprotein-Associated Coagulation Inhibitor
- Loan Administration Change Initiative (est. 1996; World Bank)
- Lakeshore Athletic Club at Illinois Center (Chicago, IL)
- Language and Communication Impairment in Children (University of Sheffield, UK)
- Latin American and Caribbean Information Center (Florida International University; Miami, FL)
- Latin American Challenge Investment Fund
- Library Association (UK) Cataloguing and Indexing Group
- Lynchburg Area Center for Independent Living (Virginia)
- Laboratoire de Combinatoire et d'Informatique Mathématique (University of Quebec)
- Large Area Crop Inventory Program (US NASA)
- Los Angeles County Immunization Program
- Laboratory for Automation, Communication and Information (Canada)
- Latin American Circle for International Studies (Mexico)
- Latin American, Caribbean, and Iberian Studies (University of Wisconsin-Madison; Madison, WI)
- Leipzig Aerosol Cloud Interaction Simulator (Leipzig, Germany)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He made significant contributions to NASA's Large Area Crop Inventory Experiment that used data from Landsat satellites to monitor croplands.