Topics addressed include the role of proto-reading activities in the acquisition and development of reading skills, the transfer of reading from the language of wider communication to the L1, past tense verb processing for L1 learners of English, audiovisual mental aids in language learning and use, internalization, affect in teacher talk, attitudes of language learners towards target varieties, recasts during meaning-focused communication, the influence of children's literature on young L2 learners' writing, comprehension in the early stages of L2 acquisition, and perceptions of culture by British students learning French.
What does LWC stand for?
LWC stands for Language of Wider Communication
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LWC
We have 72 other meanings of LWC in our Acronym Attic
- Lawyers without Borders Quebec (Canada)
- Light-Water Breeder Reactor
- Lower Watts Bar Reservoir (Tennessee Valley Authority; Spring City, TN)
- Left Without Being Seen
- Low-Waste Building Technologies
- Lower Water Bearing Zone (aquifer; Florida)
- Labour Women's Council (New Zealand)
- Lad Wrecking Crew (hacker group)
- Ladies with Class
- Land Warfare Conference (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A translation consultant checks their work, asking a mother-tongue speaker to translate it back into the language of wider communication.