Please note, this does not mean lowering expectations, but recognizing, for instance, that a foreign language proficiency requirement should include Hmong, Somali and other non-Romance languages.
What does LPR stand for?
LPR stands for Language Proficiency Requirement (various locations)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LPR
We have 113 other meanings of LPR in our Acronym Attic
- Lost Person Questionnaire (search & rescue)
- Luang Prabang (Laos)
- Ludibrium Party Quest (game)
- Legal Profession Qualifying Board (Malaysia)
- Libertarian Party of Queens County (Flushing, NY)
- Leonardo Power Quality Initiative
- Le Poisson Qui Rigole (French)
- Amphibious Transport (Small)
- La Polla Records (Spanish band)
- Laboratory Property Removal
- Laryngopharyngeal Reflux
- Laser Plasma Reflectometer
- Late Procurement Request
- Late-Phase Reaction (immunology)
- Laurent-Perrier Rose (champagne)
- Lawful Permanent Resident
- Laxity-Driven Proactive Resource Allocation
- Le Poisson Rouge (French: The Red Fish)
- Leadership Potential Rating
- League of Polish Families (Poland)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This course focuses on improving the communication skills of the participants, enabling them to better cope with the language proficiency requirements of subsequent courses in the scheme.
This is another step in FAA support to ICAO member states, air carrier operators and air traffic service providers to help them meet the ICAO March 2008 English language proficiency requirement," said Graham Elliott, manager of the FAA Academy's Aviation Language Training Program.
As a result of legislation at the state level, there was an expressed need for specific language proficiency requirements for teachers already in the classroom.