The book provides a year's worth of lesson plans, proven effective in a research study at the University of Washington-Seattle, which can be used for differentiated instruction of students in grades 4-6 with dyslexia (impaired word decoding and spelling), dysgraphia (impaired handwriting), and oral and written language learning disability (OWL LD).
What does LLD stand for?
LLD stands for Language Learning Disability
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LLD
We have 77 other meanings of LLD in our Acronym Attic
- Ling Liang Church Sau Tak (school; Hong Kong)
- Ladies Loves Chris Taylor
- Ligand-to-Ligand Charge Transfer (electronics)
- Lincoln Land Conservation Trust (Lincoln, MA)
- Logical Link Control Translator
- Lyme Land Conservation Trust (est. 1966; Lyme, CT)
- Doctor of Laws
- Labeled Let Down (skate team)
- Lamb Lies Down on Broadway (band Genesis album/tour)
- Lamp Lumen Depreciation (light loss measurement)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Javorsky (1996) also evaluated phonics and syntax in ADD groups, ADD/learning disability groups, and language learning disability groups.
of Washington, Seattle) and Wolf (Slingerland Institute for Literacy, Bellevue, Washington) present the first book for K-12 teachers on how to provide effective literacy instruction to students with any of the three learning disabilities requiring differentiated instruction--dyslexia, oral and written language learning disability (OWL LD), and dysgraphia--while meeting the needs of all students in the class.