There are still landmines -- in some places, millions of them -- in countries like Cambodia, Somalia, and Colombia.
What does LMN stand for?
LMN stands for Landmine
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of LMN
We have 32 other meanings of LMN in our Acronym Attic
- Lockheed Martin Mission Success
- Lockheed Martin Mission Systems
- Lower Macungie Middle School (Macungie, PA)
- Lockheed-Martin Missile and Space Company
- Linear Minimum Mean Squared Error
- Linear Minimum Mean-Square Error Iterative Cancellation
- Linear Minimum Mean Square Error Receiver
- Lucy Maud Montgomery Society of Ontario (Leaksdale, Ontario, Canada)
- L-Methadone Maintenance Treatment
- Link Monitoring and Management Tool (software; US DoD)
- Letter of Medical Necessity (insurance)
- Lifetime Movie Network (cable channel)
- Limbang, Sarawak, Malaysia - Limbang (Airport Code)
- Lithium Meta Niobate
- Load Modulation Network (amplifiers)
- Local Media Network (television)
- Local Mobile Node
- Lose My Number
- Lower Motor Neuron
- Lake Morton Neighborhood Association (Florida)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Arwa Ali Saeed, a landmine survivor, sustained an injury in Dale governorate in 2004, from a landmine that had likely been sitting unexploded since the war of 1994.
Mike Kendrick, founder of both The Mineseeker Foundation and Mineseeker Operations, said: "Most of the cost of landmine clearance comes in searching for buried landmines.
SANA'A, Jan 20 (Saba) -- The Committee on Steering the National Landmine Programme held a meeting on Wednesday with representatives from the embassies of the countries supporting the programme in attendance.
About 1,730 kms of Iraq's total area are polluted by landmines in close proximity to civilian areas, including 941 sq.
He said nearly 3,000 people had been killed and injured in landmine blasts since the launch of the de-mining operations in that zone.