Sailors from HMS Diamond will be providing air defence as Royal Marines storm a remote area near Cape Wrath in a landing exercise.
What does LDEX stand for?
LDEX stands for Landing Exercise
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Local Development and Employment Pact (UK)
- Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality
- LADAR(Laser Radar) Development and Evaluation Research Facility (US DoD)
- Light Duty Ejector Release Unit
- Leader Development and Education for Sustained Peace (Monterey, CA)
- Lateral Digital Extensor Tendon
- Low-Delay Embedded Transmission
- Lactose Dehydrogenase-Elevating Virus
- License and Document Evaluator (US Coast Guard)
- Logical Device (number)
- Laboratory Director's Funds
- Lac du Flambeau (Wisconsin)
- Lambda Delta Fraternity
- Land Disposal Facility
- Laser Demonstration Facility
- Leadership Development Fund (various organizations)
- Learning Development Framework
- Left Democratic Front (India)
- Legislative Defense Fund (various organizations)
- Lesotho Defense Force
Samples in periodicals archive:
The instructor and student were practising an emergency landing exercise using a technique called autorotation.
State-run news agency Xinhua reported that Luo suffered cardiac arrest during the landing exercises of the new J-15 fighter jet, which he developed, while on board an aircraft carrier.
The Marines of two countries will also hold a joint landing exercise in March, the largest of its kind in 23 years.
The landing exercise and other joint military drills demonstrated the "madness" of South Korean and US warmongers "to light the fuse of war against" North Korea, according to North's propaganda website Uriminzokkiri, monitored by Yonhap.
In May 2008, while performing takeoff and landing exercises atop Spectrum Health's Butterworth Hospital, a helicopter's tail rotor clipped a radio tower, causing it to crash on the helipad.
It depends on the weather, but we believe they're setting up for a landing exercise sometime after Wednesday," Yonhap's source was quoted as saying.
Likewise, amphibious landing exercises on once secluded beaches became disruptive to tourism because modern highways made remote locations more easily accessible.