Title II would split $900 million annually between federal and state governments for the Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF), primarily for land acquisition.
What does LWCF stand for?
LWCF stands for Land and Water Conservation Fund
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LWCF
We have 2 other meanings of LWCF in our Acronym Attic
- Land and Water Conservation Board (Wisconsin)
- Little Walnut Creek Branch Library (Austin, TX)
- Lake Williamson Christian Center (Carlinville, IL)
- Land and Water Conservation Committee (Wisconsin)
- Liberty Wilderness Crossroads Camp (Hosford, FL)
- Living Word Christian Center
- Living Word Community Church (various locations)
- Louisiana Workers' Compensation Corporation
- Land & Water Conservation Department
- Linuxworld Conference & Expo
- Living Waters Christian Fellowship (various locations)
- Lost Work Case Frequency (safety)
- Land and Water Conservation Fund Act
- Lotus Workplace Collaborative Learning
- Leuthold Weeden Capital Management (Minneapolis, MN)
- Light Weight Company Mortar
- Lightweight Company Mortar System
- Little World Community Organization
- Low Water Cutoff (safety device in boilers)
- Living Word Christian Radio (Christian Faith World Ministries; Sacramento, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Half that money comes from the federal Land and Water Conservation Fund and will be used to purchase the northernmost 2,030 acres of land, which will be added to the Kilkenny Unit of the White Mountain National Forest.
As I noted in the last Washington Outlook (Autumn 1999), AMERICAN FORESTS has been urging members of Congress to include support for the Forest Service's Urban and Community Forestry Program and its Forest Legacy Program in legislative proposals that would use revenues from offshore oil receipts to increase funding for conservation programs, including the Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF).
The President's budget calls for a $1 billion Lands Legacy program centered on the Land and Water Conservation Fund.