He conducted intensive research in time-reversal acoustics, which promises a wide array of applications, including in medicine for ultra-precise medical imaging, diagnostic techniques using ultrasound, incision-free surgical techniques, and land mine detection.
What does LMD stand for?
LMD stands for Land Mine Detection
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LMD
We have 106 other meanings of LMD in our Acronym Attic
- Ligand-to-Metal Charge Transfer (electricity)
- Lake Michigan Credit Union (Grand Rapids, MI)
- Lille Métropole Communauté Urbaine (France)
- Lewis Memorial Christian Village (Springfield, IL)
- Land Management Contract Working Group (Scotland, UK)
- Laboratoire de Météorologie Dynamique du CNRS
- Laboratory Managers Division
- Lake Management District (various locations)
- Lamers Must Die
- Land Management Department (various locations)
- Landscape Maintenance District (California)
- Large Mahogany Desk
- Laser Metal Deposition
- Last Man Dead (gaming club)
- Last Menstruation Date
- Last Military Duty (service academies)
- Le Monde Diplomatique (French monthly newspaper)
- Lead Military Department
- Leeftijdsgebonden Maculaire Degeneratie (Dutch: Age-related Macular Degeneration)
- Let Me Die
Samples in periodicals archive:
Land mine detection is traditionally done by dogs, but African giant pouched rats might be better suited to finding these buried bombs.
UCF and Northrop Grumman have worked together on research related to lasers, communications systems, and land mine detection systems.
InVision is also using its Quantum Magnetics business to diversify its EDS business and is aggressively developing land mine detection systems with help from government funding.
It will keep 15,000 land mines for the purpose of land mine detection training and testing for land mine processing equipment, SDF officials said.
Other benefits of the technique include using microwaves in building searches and land mine detection.