Tomahawk Land Attack Missiles fired by the Trafalgar Class submarine were part of the coalition cruise missile strikes designed to defeat Colonel Gaddafi's air defence system.
What does LAM stand for?
LAM stands for Land Attack Missile
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of LAM
We have 170 other meanings of LAM in our Acronym Attic
- Center for Lasers and Plasmas for Advanced Manufacturing (Old Dominion University)
- Laboratoire d'Analyses Médicales (French: Medical Analysis Laboratory)
- Laboratoire d’Astrophysique de Marseille (French: Astrophysics Laboratory of Marseille)
- Lactational Amenorrhea Method
- Lagardere Active Media (France)
- Laguna Art Museum (Laguna Beach, CA)
- Lampre - Daikin (Tour de France cycling sponsor)
- Land Administration and Management
- Landscape Architecture Magazine (American Society of Landscape Architects)
- Large Amplitude Motion (chemical physics)
- Large Aperture Module (laser)
- Large Array Memory
- Laser Aiming Module
- Latin America Monitor (various locations)
- Laughing At Myself
- Launch Abort Motors (US NASA Orion spacecraft)
- Launch Alert Message
- Launcher Action Message
Samples in periodicals archive:
British forces launched guided Tomahawk Land Attack Missiles (TLAM) from a Trafalgar Class submarine during the fifth night of coalition action, the Ministry of Defence said.
Even the famous Raytheon BGM-109 Tomahawk Land Attack Missile could have a cheaper price tag in the future, compared to its current flyaway price.
The Navy has awarded a contract boost to Raytheon for launching-system parts for the Tomahawk Land Attack Missile.
Navy for transmitting targeting information for their Tomahawk Land Attack Missiles.