As originally conceived, it was intended to manage a network of several missile defense systems such as Patriot, the Medium Extended Air Defense System (MEADS), the Navy's DDG-1000 land-attack destroyer, the Joint Land Attack Cruise Missile Defense Elevated Netted Sensor (JLENS) aerostat and others.
What does LACMD stand for?
LACMD stands for Land Attack Cruise Missile Defense
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Left Additional Crew Member (US Air Force)
- Lift Axle Control Module (large automobiles)
- Load Accumulator With Magnitude
- Local Authority Carbon Management programme (UK)
- Los Angeles County Museum of Natural History (Los Angeles, CA, USA)
- Los Angeles Critical Mass (cycling club; California)
- Latin American and Caribbean Movers Association
- Los Angeles County Medical Association
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art
- Legislative Affairs and Correspondence Management Branch
- Los Angeles Chinese Musicians Ensemble Chorus
- Literacy Across the CurriculuMedia Focus (journal of Centre for Literacy; Canada)
- Licensed Associate Counselor of Mental Health (Delaware Department of Professional Regulation; Dover, DE)
- Libbie A Cass Memorial Library (West Springfield, NH)
- Los Angeles County Museum of Natural History
- Local Area Coordinator for Mobilization
- Local Authority Carbon Management Programme (UK)
- Lucille A. Carver Mississippi Riverside Environmental Research Station (Iowa)
- Laboratory for Advanced Computation in the Mathematical Sciences (UK)
- Lancaster Area Council of Mennonite Schools (Pennsylvania)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The contract will provide for the modification of an existing contract to support the Joint Land Attack Cruise Missile Defense Elevated Netted Sensor.
JLENS (joint land attack cruise missile defense elevated netted sensor system) provides a persistent surveillance capability.