As originally conceived, it was intended to manage a network of several missile defense systems such as Patriot, the Medium Extended Air Defense System (MEADS), the Navy's DDG-1000 land-attack destroyer, the Joint Land Attack Cruise Missile Defense Elevated Netted Sensor (JLENS) aerostat and others.
What does LACM stand for?
LACM stands for Land Attack Cruise Missile
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of LACM
We have 5 other meanings of LACM in our Acronym Attic
- luminol-amplified chemiluminescence
- Lancashire Adult and Community Learning Alliance (UK)
- Latin-American Cinemateca of Los Angeles (California)
- Los Angeles City Lifeguard Association (Los Angeles, CA)
- Los Angeles Chinese Learning Center (language and culture education)
- Los Angeles Center for Law and Justice
- Los Angeles County Law Library (Los Angeles, CA)
- Latin American Conference on Learning Objects (teaching symposium)
- Los Angeles County Library System (Downey, CA)
- Laconia Area Community Land Trust (New Hampshire)
- Lao Assistance Center of Minnesota (est. 1983; Minneapolis, MN)
- Left Additional Crew Member (US Air Force)
- Lift Axle Control Module (large automobiles)
- Load Accumulator With Magnitude
- Local Authority Carbon Management programme (UK)
- Los Angeles County Museum of Natural History (Los Angeles, CA, USA)
- Los Angeles Critical Mass (cycling club; California)
- Latin American and Caribbean Movers Association
- Los Angeles County Medical Association
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art
Samples in periodicals archive:
JLENS, which stands for Joint Land Attack Cruise Missile Defense Elevated Netted Sensor, conducted the experiment in partnership with ARINC Engineering Services LLC and the American Blimp Corporation.
Cruise Missiles The principal land attack cruise missile is the Raytheon Tactical Tomahawk or Block IV, which entered US Navy service in May 2004.
It will be the only system especially effective against mobile targets and land attack cruise missiles, due primarily to supercruise.
Some of the SSNs involved have the capability to carry the Tomahawk Land Attack Cruise Missile (TLAM).
They are armed with the devastating Tomahawk Land Attack Cruise Missiles, known as T-LAMs.