For example, disabling the Windows LANMANAGER authentication mechanism will ensure that only the more secure and stronger encryption implementation found in NTLM is used.
What does LM stand for?
LM stands for LanManager
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of LM
We have 60 other meanings of LM in our Acronym Attic
- Lactancia Materna (Spanish: Breastfeeding)
- LadderMonkey (gaming league)
- Ladies' Meeting
- Lady Macbeth
- Lady Madonna (Beatles song)
- Lagrange Multiplier
- Lambert(s) (unit of luminance)
- Landscape Management (various organizations)
- Language Minority (language learning)
- Language Model (speech recognition)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It supports many different authentication schemes, including LDAP, NT LanManager (NTLM), NIS, ADS, and NDS, and is also integrated into the company's line of enterprise connectivity applications such as the Exceed PC X server and Maestro host access software, giving Hummingbird a leg up on integrating legacy data.