Kukla of Columbia University's Lamont-Doherty Geological Observatory and his wife Helena analyzed satellite weather data for the Northern Hemisphere, they found that the area of the ice and snow cover had suddenly increased by 12% in 1971 and the increase has persisted ever since.
What does LDGO stand for?
LDGO stands for Lamont-Doherty Geological Observatory (now known as LDEO)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- London Devilettes Girls Hockey Association (Dorchester, Ontario, Canada)
- Leadership Development Group, Inc. (Huntsville, AL)
- Liver-Derived Growth Inhibitor
- Large Dangerous Goods Locations (Dangerous Goods Safety Management Act; Australia)
- Ligue des Droits de la Personne dans la Région des Grands Lacs (French)
- Logiciels de Gestion Lignon (French: Management Software from Lignon; Lignon, France)
- Lymphoproliferative Disease of Granular Lymphocytes
- Least-Difference Greedy Matrix
- Low Density Generator Matrix
- Lower Density Growth Management (city planning; New York)
- Low Drag General Purpose (unguided aerial bombs)
- Libre Designs General Public License
- Landing Gear Position
- Local Area Differential Global Positioning System
- Land Development Guidance System (zoning; Colorado)
- Lower Delmarva Genealogical Society (Salisbury, MD)
- Light Duty Gas Truck
- Light Duty Gasoline Truck 1
- Loop-Driven Graphical Unitary-Group Approach
- Light Duty Gas Vehicle
Samples in periodicals archive:
And Kenneth Hunkins, an oceanographer at New York's Lamont-Doherty Geological Observatory, says, "In science, the general idea is that you do publish your results, and they're open to everybody.
Instead, he was given money and office space to pursue research projects of his own design at the Lamont-Doherty Geological Observatory.
Cook, a dendrochronologist with Columbia University's Lamont-Doherty Geological Observatory in Palisades, N.
A third model, developed at Columbia University's Lamont-Doherty Geological Observatory in Palisades, N.
Spurred by the hope of predicting earthquakes along these active plate boundaries, researchers from Columbia University's Lamont-Doherty Geological Observatory in palisades, N.
One of the largest uncertainties affecting the accuracy of models predicting the greenhouse effect is the role played by the ocean's sea-ice cover," says expedition member Douglas Martinson, an oceanographer with Columbia University's Lamont-Doherty Geological Observatory in Palisades, N.
Researchers at Columbia University's Lamont-Doherty Geological Observatory in Palisades, N.